Tuesday, August 18, 2009

You are looking at the new girls camp director...

Well I don't really know where to start cause there are alot of details to this story, but the short version is....I'm the camp director for our ward. I know...I was thinking the same things. 1) I'm too young...2) I don't have enough time...3) I already have a calling...4)Do I really know how to do this...and on and on. So anyway tonight we had our first certification activity to finish up certification for this years camp and kind of get started on the right foot for next summer. I was in such a rush and kind of stressed today so I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pics. But next time the young women better watch out cause they are so my next blog victims. My husband, dogs, and yard are about sick of being blogged about. So anyway....we made a fire, and yes it actually started up just fine. While the fire was burning down a bit, we did skits about the YW values and they were absolutely hilarious. The girls were so creative with all of the props that I brought for them to use. Then we roasted marshmellows and talked about all the yummy desserts that are fun to make around the campfire. We had a little more daylight, so we played the cup game with our water cups. And if you don't know what that is, then obviously your girlscamp days weren't as fun as mine. I need more ideas and to be reminded of all of the stuff that we did at girls camp that made it fun, so give me all your idea's people...

3 comments:

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

Did you guys ever play the quarter game? That was another favorite of mine from camp days!

DaynaDouble said...

Way to go Ms. Camp Director. I was super overwhelmed when I got called to be the 1st counselor in YWs but so far so good, but I won't lie to you it does require a lot of work! We played Big Booty at camp that was my favorite ;)

Magoo said...

I am so sad that Joslynn will not be a camp with you next year. You will make an awesome camp director! My mom taught us how to make stick bread. You mixed the bread in a ziplock bag, and thin wrapped it aroung a tree branch. SO good with butter and jam.