Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our garden...

So I couldn't wait for the weather to finally break and get warm...so the second that it got warm enough to be outside, I was so there. It kind of started last friday, I was supposed to go to work and get some extra hours, but I just couldn't peel myself away from my lawn chair. I was busy taking pics of birds in the front yard.
And then I had to work all day on Saturday...so bummed, but as soon as I got home, I ran to my garden and got started on the planting process. It was 65 degree's...and that is so warm enough for me to get my garden started. Me and Guy worked the ground with our shovels because we haven't gotten our tiller up here yet. And then we made some furrows and went to planting. We planted more than I think we planned on, but it will be fun anyways. So here are all of the things that I have planted so far...peas, beans, turnips, beets, radishes, carrots, and onions. And I have plenty of starts in my dining room that need to be planted, but I'm not going to take any chances of them freezing because I have been growing them for like two months.

2 comments:

Angela Shaw said...

oh wow! good job! I could never do that! Miss talkin to ya!

DaynaDouble said...

You are such a growing freak. Baby Jett is hoping to meet his Aunt Bin this weekend. Will you be around?!?