Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 3 and 4....coming home



Guy was so excited to see that this sign...he was going to be able to drive fast because it was required, not because he was crazy. Then he realized that this was in Canada and meant kilometers per hour not miles per hour. So in all reality it was slower than our freeways. That's okay with me cause I would rather be a little on the slower side anyhow.



After so many hours in the car, you get a little bored. I took lots of games and puzzle books and reading books and coupons to clip, but that will only keep you entertained for so many hours. I resorted to playing with my food. Guy couldn't help but laugh and take a quick pic.





This was what Canada mostly looked like from the view out my window. Wheat fields for as far as you could see. We didn't really like not being able to see mountains. When the sun went down at about 9pm, it was light outside for a few more hours because there weren't any mountains to hide the light.



On our way back to the states, we stopped at the Cardston temple. It was so pretty...an older gentleman stopped to talk to us and point out three owls sitting in the windows of the temple. I couldn't believe it...usually it is pretty rare to see one owl let alone three together.


Yeah...finally back into our own country...Montana was beautiful. We navigated our way to Glacier National Park so that we could see some more stuff. The park wasn't too busy so we could make as many stops as we wanted to. And of course we stopped and took lots of pics. We are getting great at using our timer on the camera so that we both can be in the pics.
A little farther down, we saw a mountain goat. Everyone around us was snapping pics like crazy. I couldn't believe that people thought it was tame enough to be around. I thought that it would probably be the same way if it were a bear. The goat could have hurt someone, but that didn't matter, they were getting the best pics.



Well, we had a great time in Glacier and finally got to the end of the park. We drove a bit farther and stayed in a hotel. The next day we drove home and stopped at a museum somewhere along the way. I can't remember what city or state it was in. Oh well, we had fun looking around the old equipment and goofing around. And if you look real close, you can see that I am wearing my George Strait t-shirt that I got at the concert. I am proud of that shirt, I stood in line for an hour trying to buy it.

2 comments:

DaynaDouble said...

Even though I am not a George Strait fan it looks like the trip was a blast with all the sight seeing and what not along the way ;)

Angela Shaw said...

Sabrina!!!! How the heck are you? George Straight!? You are the luckiest person! What an awesome hubby. We need to go to lunch sometime and catch up.