Sunday, July 5, 2009

Helping with 1st crop...

Well, my dogs have figured out the whole traveling thing. They know when we are about to leave and they do not want to be left behind. I was in the bathroom packing up hair stuff to put in the bag, and I could hear rummaging around in the bedroom so I peaked around the corner and this is what I found...a spike dead asleep in the over-night bag. He did not want to be left behind at all so he was going to pack himself into the bag so that I couldn't forget him. What a goof.

Then we got to the farm and Samantha's kitty's had kittens since the last time we were there. They were so cute, and of course my dogs had to chase them around and tease them. The kittens would sit there and hiss at them like they were so tuff. The yellow kitten was the cutest and Guy kind of wanted to take it home, but I am so not wanting a cat. All my dogs would do all day long would be to chase it up and down the stairs. They already chase the neighbor cats up on the porch and corner it. They never grab them though cause apparently it is way funner to bark at them really close.
We were the hired hands for the weekend, and there was plenty to do...hauling hay out of the fields was the job me and guy had. Guy would load up the bales on the bale wagon, and I would guide him into the stack of hay. Dumping the load can get pretty western, but we got a handle on it.

We were taking a break from hauling hay by loving on my three favorite horses. They are all so nosey...if you look closely, you will see that Ellie(the horse on the far right) is trying to steal my gloves cause they are delicious, and Minnie(the horse in the middle) is about to lick the side of my face like a dog. And then there is Sunny eating the fence cause it is still two hours til dinner and it just might hold her over til then. They tried to talk us into accidently leaving the gate open because their gate leads right into the freshly cut hay fields. We didn't fall for their smooth talking, but maybe next time.

1 comment:

DaynaDouble said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend! I love the four legged family members. When we went to Minnesota we left Seal with Brandon's sister. A day before we got home she called and said Seal was ready for us to come home. He was just sitting at the door, not eating, and mopping around until Brandon picked him up and he jumped on the couch into Brandon's arms and licked his face. I decided it is good to leave them once in a while so they don't forget how nice it is to be home. When are coming to our house to visit?