Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Harvest...

So these are the fruits of my labor(actually veggies of my labor). My garden is doing so awesome this year, and I have started everything in my garden from my own seeds. It was so fun and exciting to have everything grow. It took alot of work, but now I'm getting radishes and turnips. My radishes look a bit wierd, but that is what I was going for. I bought the seed packet of assorted shapes and sizes of radishes. I also bought the packet of seeds that is called watermelon radishes. I haven't seen any of those kind yet, but once I do I will definately post a pic. And in case you are wondering what I use turnips for, I don't really know, but they are pretty delicious raw and dipped in ranch.

It was too dark to take any pics of the other stuff that is growing in my garden, but I will take some tomorrow and post some more pics. My potatoes are coming so fast, and my pea patch is like a jungle. I have to get my fence up in the pea's so that they have something to crawl up. And my beans are coming great, my peppers are looking okay and my tomatoes are almost as tall as me. Okay not all of them, but I have two plants that really are almost as tall as me. I will prove it with pics and I don't have a secret to growing them, they just grew that tall and they keep on growing. I also planted some corn, but I'm not exactly sure if it is coming or not. I have never grown it, so I don't know what it looks like when it sprouts. Guess I will just have to wait and see when it gets taller. With all the rain we have had the last week and a half, the weeds are starting to get ahead of me.

1 comment:

DaynaDouble said...

I do not have a clue how to grow a garden...so way to go. Maybe someday when I get to stay home and be a mommy I will attempt a garden when I have more time. When r u coming to visit us?!?