Thursday, June 25, 2009

In my free time...

Well it is summer time and I was craving some good reading, so I went to the library...where they made me pay $30 because I live too far out of town...and found some books that looked really good. So I read and read and read some more...it was raining for two weeks straight, so I didn't feel bad about neglecting my yard. If anyone is looking for some good reading, these are great, and I still have one more book to read in the series. I can't wait, but now that the sun is shining, I don't have that much time. But there is supposed to be rain in the next few days, so maybe I will get it read, but maybe not.


So I got so used to the rain, that I let some of my plants dry out too much and I don't think that they will be coming back to life anytime soon. Oh well, I'll just grow more or buy more to replace them. If they do come back to life I will be excited cause I have been growing them for a while. It was my squash starts and cucumber starts and my pumpkin starts, so I guess there goes that for my garden. Oh well...speaking of my garden, it is doing so good. Everything is growing great. The other day I was heading out to the garden, which takes quite the effort to get out there because the grass growing around the garden is pasture grass that grows up to your waist. Anyways, I was heading out there and all of a sudden I took a step and a snake slithered out from under it. I screamed and ran all the way to the garden and was creeped out the rest of the time. And my neighbor asked me if I wanted an extra pumpkin plant...I told her that I could use another one, so I thought she would bring it over later and leave it on my porch for me to plant. Well, that wasn't the case at all. I kept waiting for her to bring it over, but that didn't happen, so I just assumed that she had forgotten. Well, when I went to the garden the next day or two later, she had planted the pumpkin plant for me. But she planted it right in the middle of my corn patch. I don't think that she realized that I had planted corn there because the corn was just barely popping out of the ground. I didn't have the heart to tell her or to move the plant, so I guess that I'm going to have a pumpkin plant right in the middle of the corn. Oh well...hope it does fine.

No comments: